Friday, January 7, 2011
The Dreaded List for 2011
Happy New Year Everyone! I don't know about anyone else, but I'm glad to put the holidays behind me. I'm not a bah-humbug. It can take a lot out of you, distracting me from my goals. Again, I'm glad to have spent Christmas with a part of my family (having children scattered and unable to come home for the holidays was the only bad part). But, now it's back to work!
So, as with tradition, everyone likes to make their list for the following year in hopes of sticking to it. I was never that good at it. Although, my goal last year was to quit smoking, and I did successfully quit in March. So, maybe it is possible to keep up with my list and hold myself to a higher standard. The following is mine:
1) Stop procrastinating. This is such a bad habit to break, but one I intend to succeed at.
2) To submit my WIPs, and with a little luck and a lot of my own creative writing, get published.
3) To give my critique partners better critiques on time.
4) To involve myself more over at Savvy Authors.
5) To continue in learning and growing within my craft.
6) To read more leisurely. I've missed out on a few of my favorite authors' books and need some me time in whatever far away world they have written about.
7) Blog regularly here :)
I think I'll keep the list short. This way I know I can keep to it.
What are your goals for the new year?