Sunday, November 3, 2019

Back to writing: 4 years later.....

When I looked to see when my last blog post was, I was astonished it was well over four years ago. I can't believe I have neglected my page that long. But I definitely needed that time. I have been on a long journey both professional and personal.

A couple months after my last post in 2015, I entered the nursing program. Due to financial and personal reasons, I had to leave it after the first 7 weeks. I struggled to write. I honestly felt I was going nowhere fast with no clear path of where I wanted to go or who I wanted to be.

I finally put my foot down and decided I had to come first for once. So in 2016 I received my CNA license. In 2017 I reapplied and was accepted once again into the nursing program. During the two year program, I worked as a CNA/caregiver for a private home health company. Between all this and having a family has kept me going with no time to write. I had to put my all into the RN program in order to be successful. And that I was. My pinning ceremony was in July. I received my RN license in August.

In the writing world, I was given back my full rights to Secrets of Jenkins Bridge. I have decided to revamp it and am working on a new cover. Side note: Adobe Photoshop is a little tricky program! I am learning though....

I am writing the 2nd book in my paranormal series. I am not a panster so I have the book outlined of course. And also the 3rd book roughly....

So I think what I need to do is commit to writing a blog post at least once every weekend and keep it simple. I am sorry to my followers for being gone so incredibly long but I really did need that time. I will do better in the future.


1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you! Congratulations on getting certified. I'm sure that took every ounce of energy and time you had.
    Good luck with the relaunch of your book.

    ReplyDelete