Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Edit Time!!

 I have gone through the next step in the process of becoming published. Edits. Revisions. Take your pick. My editor calls it semi-final galley edits. Semi-final meaning I'm not done yet. I had been dreading this step as I had read many different blogs, statuses, and such of how bad it can be. Like rewriting entire scenes. I even read once where someone had to rewrite an entire chapter. UGH! I truly dreaded it.

Surprise to me! My first round of edits were relatively painless. Some 'stupid me' mistakes. Add a tad bit here or there. Delete this or that. But truly a great experience. It helps that my editor is awesome!

Now, that's not to say round two will be fun. But I really expected huge slashes (or strike throughs lol) like back in middle school when you wrote an essay not up to par. Red slashes through the sentences. That's all I can picture at times.

Regardless, whether slashes or strike throughs or OMG get rid of this crap, I'm loving this part of the process.

Enjoy the rest of your week :)



Coming November: The Swan Cove Murders Coming December: Secrets of Jenkins Bridge Both coming to Soul Mate Publishing

2 comments:

  1. I think editing is awesome! I like to edit my own work, other people's and I like to have people edit me. It just feels so productive, and it's fun to see a story get better right before your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it wasn't as painful as you'd feared :-)

    ReplyDelete