Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Insecure Writers' Support Group

 

It's that time again for another edition of Insecure Writers Support Group. In case this is your first time hearing about us, our wonderful group, founded by our awesome 'Ninja' great Alex J. Cavanaugh, meets once a month to encourage and inspire one another through our writing journeys. It's real simple to join us. Go here to sign up and visit a few of the blogs listed. Leave some encouragement as your words could make a difference in someone's life. And feel free to post one of your own.

Last month, I was freaking out a little about trying to finish Boneknapper. It was the last chapter or two and the encouragement I got here was enough to push me to finish it. Woot! A hearty thank you for those who commented.

This month, no real freak outs. I just returned from Connecticut where we finally had my mom's burial service. It was good, and she managed to hold off the rain until just after the groundskeeper spread some grass seed. Then, it rained.

Some great news! I came home to find an awesome review from Night Owl Reviews for Secrets of Jenkins Bridge. Here it is:

Review by: Hitherandthee on Jul 26, 2012 who gave it 4.50 out of 5 stars


"This is one of those novels that are a rare find. It has tons of romance, as well as edge of your seat action and suspense. Secrets of Jenkins Bridge starts off fast and never once slows down. Long lost loves, broken hearts, abductions, murder, extortion, this novel has it all and then some. There were points where I laughed out loud and cheered for the good guys, and times when I literally chewed my nails in anticipation of what might occur. This is one of the novels that will have a long life, and that readers everywhere will adore. I most certainly did; I couldn’t put it down!

When FBI agent Mitchell Donovan is called out to a car accident, he knows things are not as they seem. When the person they pull from the wrecked vehicle is his former high school girlfriend, things go from odd to dangerously bizarre in a flash. Why did Katherine drive off the road? What secrets did her dead ex-husband carry with him to the grave? Where is her daughter Aly? All of these questions and more will be examined in the course of the story. Once Mitchell and Katherine start to unravel the secrets of the past and examine the players of the present, things will start to come together in a way that no one could ever anticipate."

And here is the link to it: click

I was and still am wicked excited about the review :) My encouragement for this month: DON'T give up. It will happen when you least expect it.


The Swan Cove Murders: Where the dead speak to her, danger finds her, and love saves her.
Secrets of Jenkins Bridge:An FBI agent discovers more than embezzling and murder when he takes on the kidnapping case of the daughter he never knew he had.
Both now available at Soul Mate Publishing, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble

Soul Mate Publishing
Blog
Website
Soul Mate Authors Group Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads
The Romance Reviews

11 comments:

  1. My heart is grieved to hear of your mother. You will be in my prayers. I wish you great luck with your latest novel!1 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great review is always an awesome thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the weather held off for your mom's burial service. And it's great that you found the encouragement you needed to finish your novel. That review is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Those moments of encouraging come just when we need them sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. Congratulations on a lovely review. (It's tricky following the first sentiment with the second, but both are heartfelt.)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS! Both for finishing your book and the awesome, awesome review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing your book AND getting an amazing review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the great review~

    I am sorry to hear about your Mom~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the condolences and for the congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about the ups and downs of life! Does it ever take an even keel? Donna, you had mentioned on my post that you'd like an ARC of my new release, Lighting Candles on the Snow. I can't find an email for you so can you please email me at karenjonesgowen at gmail.com with information about what format you'd like. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish there was a such thing as an even keel for me, lol. I emailed you :)

    ReplyDelete