It’s been 12 years since the horrific 9/11 tragedy. A lot has happened and changed in that span of time. Families’ lives altered forever, realizing America is not impenetrable, The New York skyline which was an icon to everyone around the world, realizing that terrorism wasn’t just an overseas issue, the list goes on and on.
Twin Towers Freedom Tower
I decided the best way to pay tribute today was to look for the
positive effects this has brought to us Americans. And there are a good
1) A new respect for our soldiers both here at home and oversees. And
a new respect for our police, firefighters, first responders, and EMTs.
2) We have become much more patriotic. We now fly more American flags
than we ever have before. Having the National Anthem played at all
sporting events has become more meaningful and heartfelt.
3) Our families became even more precious to us because we are more
aware now that our lives can be irrevocably changed in an instant.
4) I believe we became more aware of our neighbors and our
communities. More people on the streets saying hello to one another. A
5) An improved overall security with our transportation and country.
Yes, it’s a royal pain at the airports, but I wouldn’t have it any other
way. I certainly don’t want another 9/11 or anything remotely close to
that to happen again.
I know there are plenty more positive effects. I would like to see
you all list one each. If you can’t come up with one, that’s okay … no
punishments, I promise. Even if you’d like to post a thought or
whatever. Chime in!