Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's done!

Yay me!! My manuscript is done! Now for the title, lol. And some major editing. Arg. Such is life.

A well deserved thank you to my fellow Twinkies over at CBC. Y'all have taught me so much and have helped me grow as a writer. Each one of you are truly the world's best critique partners a girl could ask for!

I'm just glad to finally be done with the first draft. (Actually, I felt like I've edited a few times, but learned through wise ones that it definitely needs an overhaul.) I'm figuring that maybe I could accomplish this by the end of NaNo (November). Maybe.

Then I can move on to the next one screaming out to me-even while I sleep. Crazy you say? Not for us writers. It seems our characters speak to us, wanting us to write their stories-some quietly, others rather loud. Some even kicking and screaming. I know, it does sound pretty nutty. Hell, I thought so too-until it happened to me. It's all good. And unless you're a writer, you'll never know.

Don't miss out on Monday's blog as my fellow Twinkies and I blog about The Heroes We are Thankful For. Yummy heroes!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congrats on finishing Donna. Huge accomplishment and you should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the finish Donna! It's a great story. Can't wait to find out about the one screaming you awake. ;)

    Love the new blog design btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Twinkies. The pink was driving me a little nutty. The blue is calming.

    ReplyDelete