1. For my recovery from the whole gallbladder, stones and pancreatitis from the beginning of the year. That was a rough few weeks. But without my son's help, it would have been so much worse. Which leads me to the next.
2. Because I was so sick, my son, Aaron, came back from Tennessee to be by my side and help me through all the days at the hospital and especially after coming home.
3. I'm thankful for Savvy Authors hosting May Bootcamp, June Revision Hell and July Pitches. Without that, The Swan Cove Murders would not be completed and published.
4. I'm thankful for all my family's health. For the most part, they are all doing okay. I have a very large family (I'm the 9th child) plus all the extensions meaning in laws of everyone plus my own. You are talking multitudes here. And all of us are pretty good.
5. For my close friends. Without their support, I'd probably be bald from yanking all my hair out. They keep me sane.
6. For my critique partners (Twinkies!!). They are like family to me and they tell it like it is. That's exactly what I need at times.
7. For my new writing group, Writers Up and Coming. Even though I haven't been able to do a whole lot here lately, they still root me on and have some great patience.
8. For my new grandson and his continued health. He is doing better and is gaining weight and is finally drinking from a bottle. Yay!! We are keeping our fingers crossed that he's home by Christmas.
9. For my family, again. Without their support of my writing, I don't know that I could push through. Let's just say I have a HUGE cheerleading squad and they rock!!
10. For my editor who saw something no one else could see in my writing. That little difference, a little twist if you will in mine. And she took a huge chance on me and ran with it full force. She is an awesome editor and I couldn't have asked for anyone more solid, more understanding, and more there by my side than her. Again thank you Debbie for all you do.
11. For my imagination and the ideas that continue to flow. Without them, well there would be no writing period. I believe we're all given some type of gift and writing is mine.
12. For my new found friends and fellow authors over at Soul Mate Publishing. I'm so glad to have met you all and how fast we're growing in our writing together.
13. Thankful for my mother's continued good health. At 84 she has finally had to slow down. And let's just say she's not liking it. The age factor is starting to catch up to her however. So, every day that I call her and can hear her voice is another day that I'm especially thankful for as she is and always will be my absolute best friend.
14. For my new job. It came at the right time as all things usually do. The place is great, the people are awesome and I'm making some decent money so I can catch up on bills and have a good Christmas.
15. For the troops whom have fought and continue to fight for our freedom every day. These are my real heroes.
Okay, I could go on and on with the list, but now it's your turn. What are you thankful for this year?
AVAILABLE NOW @ Soul Mate Publishing: The Swan Cove Murders Coming December28th: Secrets of Jenkins Bridge
Those are all great things. Glad you're still with us after what happened earlier this year.ReplyDelete
I'm thankful for so many things, but I often forget them. I need to write a list like this! It's always good to stop and express gratitude.ReplyDelete
This is a wonderful list Donna. Fantastic to hear the good news about your grandson.ReplyDelete
Many reasons to be grateful. I wish you to good health.ReplyDelete
Great list. Wish you all the best!ReplyDelete
I'm thankful that my exams are finally over among other things!
There are so many reasons to be thankful. But you have a great list here!ReplyDelete
All the best!
What a great list! Glad you're doing better!ReplyDelete
wow...great list! i always thought of thanksgiving as turkey time.... never really though about what im thankful for (im an imbecile, yes)ReplyDelete
food for thought...... (no pun intended)
Alex: Thanks. Me too. That was a nightmare.ReplyDelete
KarenG: That's what I thought too. Needed some reflection time.
Sarah: Thank you ;) He's so sweet.
Leovi: Thank you for the well wishes.
Romance Reader: I can't blame you. I remember those yucky weeks.
Nas: Thanks ;)
Alison: Thank you.
Jeremy: No you're not. :)