Thursday, April 4, 2013

Delightful Day


How about just a simple delightful day yesterday! I spent some time with my youngest son (13 year old). Just me and him in Barnes and Noble. It's so funny cause we have the near exact same taste in books. (No, he absolutely is not into romance, and he hasn't become hooked on Stephen King...yet.)

I just enjoy the little time we get alone. So, what did we buy? Of course, I bought Stephen King's 11.22.63. I've been wanting this since its release.

Then, we bought Patricia Cornwell's Portrait of A Killer: Jack The Ripper Case Closed. I've always been strangely fascinated with the Jack the Ripper case. Just one of those 'who really done it?' mysteries we'll truly never know. I'm a sucker for a good mystery. And he likes to read some good mysteries too.

He was looking for books on King Arthur, but alas, they didn't have anything nonfiction in the store, so I will have to look online. He did, however, buy a Steampunk book explaining what it is and everything involved with it.

Happy Thursday!!



 And for anyone who signs up for my newsletter during the month of April will be entered into a drawing for a $15 gift card good for B&N or Amazon (winner's choice) and a special prize package including my two ebooks, The Swan Cove Murders and Secrets of Jenkins Bridge.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice day. There's nothing better than browsing through B&N...especially when you can do it with one of your children :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... family time in a book store. Sounds heavenly. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have gladly given you my copy of King's book. I bought it and was very disappointed. I hope you like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I enjoyed reading your post...isn't it wonderful shopping for books with the younger readers (child size)? It is also wonderful to see them actually reading instead of involved in 'puter games. I love reading to my great grands and also seeing them sitting around reading books. It warms the very "cockles of me heart". Best regards to you, my friend.. Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! I could gladly live in a book store...preferably one with a cafe, then I'd never have to leave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bonding with books... <3 I bet you're proud that your son is interested in books. That's really good rather than just playing video games and watching tv.

    Sincerely,Miss Uncertain---sidetracked

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that the best way to spend a day!!!

    Thank you for stopping by, and yes, you should absolutely attempt drabbles- they are addictive.

    Coffee Rings Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun way to spend the day! Sounds like you can start your own mini-book club together. :)

    ~Alana @ writercize.blogspot.com
    Cheering you on from A through Z!

    ReplyDelete