Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day One of Savvy Authors Bootcamp


I love challenges. They keep me motivated and encourage serious creativity. So, I'm jumping right in again one day after the A-Z challenge ending. This month's challenge is writing a first draft of a novel in 30 days. The minimum word count is 2000 words per day, so I'd write 60,000 words, a full novel, in 30 days. Since I'm writing a novella, I'll be done much sooner and will be able to apply the rest of the month's count toward another novella, Boneknapper, and quite possibly finish it up.

In June, it's a month's worth of revisions! Whew! But, with my fingers crossed (maybe I should throw a little salt over my shoulder), I should by all accounts have TWO novellas done. Providing something crazy doesn't go on in my life :( I'm warding off all bad mojo for the next two months!!!

I'm very excited to start the challenge-no procrastination I tell myself. Now, I'll begin.......

PS I'll keep up posting daily here.

No comments:

Post a Comment