Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ups and Downs

Let's dispense with the 'downs' first. Lots of hurtful personal issues arising in my marriage. And my mom, whose my absolute best friend, is not doing so well. I am very lucky I've had her for all these years (she's 83) but no one is prepared for the downhill fall. At the very least, it seems to be the beginnings of dementia, quite possibly Alzheimer's. And it's bothering me to be so far away from her at the moment. I'm not going to kid myself that it's temporary. If you knew my mom, she's a spitfire full of energy (hell she just quit working one month ago!). It's hard to hear her this way.

Now, with the 'ups'. I have been offered a contract from one pub for The Doves Cove Murders. I had to read the email over and over again! I was in shock at first not knowing how to react. Then, my brain finally kicked in and I was doing the happy dance, lol. I'm still excited!

So the emotional roller coaster has just begun on both ends of the spectrum. I'm ready for a complete new journey in my life. :) After all, I am my mother's daughter and we know how to survive turbulence.

4 comments:

  1. As someone who has also been struggling recently in her marriage and watched the marriage of a close family member fall apart, I will be praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. My grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's and I know how hard it is to watch that happen. Thinking of you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the prayers and the hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Donna. I just popped by to say hi and saw this about your Mom. I am so sorry to hear that. My prayers and wishes are with you both. *hugs you*

    On the upside, CONGRATULATIONS on your new contract!!!! That is a very "UP" up.

    ReplyDelete