Friday, May 18, 2012

Fun Fact Fridays: Kathy L Wheeler, author of Quotable, is in the house!

Welcome Kathy, my fellow SMP author! I'm so glad to have you here today.

Tell us, What five fun facts are you willing to share?


Fun Fact Number 1: As a child, I was a bossy-introvert (is that an oxymoron?) I was not cute, I was not precocious. Those adjectives belonged to my two sisters, respectively.

Fun Fact Number 2: I have a minor degree in vocal music. I love singing show tunes. Not the classics so much like Cabaret, but odd songs from Jekyll & Hyde and Wicked. Particularly, duets. I love duets. It takes the pressure off of being the only one in the spotlight. In fact, I did two 40 minute shows at the Oklahoma City Arts Festival. 2000 was 11 show tunes, that did in fact include Cabaret, songs from Sound of Music, Titanic, and Evita. In 2001, it was 9 duets with my friend, Terry Stafford. Unforgettable, Beauty and the Beast, How Do You Keep the Music Playing…

Fun Fact Number 3: I’ve only been writing for a few years. I did not start as a child like so many others. It was a google prompt that kick started it. And now I have nine completed manuscripts. Three under contract, three to self-publish. One under consideration, one more ready to be submitted—soon.

Fun Fact Number 4:  I would live in France. Or London. I love the rich history, the culture, the atmosphere. Mais oui, I would live in France.

Fun Fact Number 5:  I love musical theater. In fact, when I stumble upon something I love, I turn into OCD. I’ve seen Phantom of the Opera 6 times (NYC, OKC, Tulsa, Houston, Denver, London). Wicked 4 times…you see where I’m going with this?

Lol. I do this with movies! It was fabulous to have you here, Kathy.

You can find Kathy and her new releases:
http://klwheeler.com
The Wild Rose Press - The Color of Betrayal - June 13, 2012
Soul Mate Publishing - Quotable - June/2012
Soul Mate Publishing - Maybe It's You - 2012

http://kae-elle-wheeler.com
currently available on amazon.com: The Wronged Princess - Book I
The Unlikely Heiress - Book II - May 25,2012
The Surprising Enchantress - Book III - July 1, 2012 



GENNA LYNDSEY is not a people person.  A short, too-skinny, wild haired waif, with crazy hair and sturdy nerdy glasses who lives through books.  So it’s lucky she and her best friend own their own bookstore.  Her college days taught her that dating was too unreliable to depend on others.  It was then that she started resorting to obscure quotes to shield herself from others who ventured too close.

RICK JOHNSON, Fraud Insurance Claims Investigator, is assigned to look into an unusual number of claims filed by one Genna Lyndsey.  He suspects the owners of sabotaging their own property for insurance money.  Instead, his investigation uncovers an adorable introvert determined to keep everyone at bay, while someone else resolves to put her out of business—no matter how great the risk.





AVAILABLE NOW @ Soul Mate Publishing: The Swan Cove Murders Coming June 6th: Secrets of Jenkins Bridge

9 comments:

  1. Great interview - congratulations! I can't wait to read your new book. And when you're ready to go to London or France, I'll pack a bag and join you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Cynthia, I was thinking the same thing. Just smuggle me in checked luggage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment Donna :)

    I agree, great interview :) So inspiring to read about someone who has been successful despite not having written for very long. I wanted to be a writer when I was little but was kind of shy and didn't believe in myself. Now I'm writing on my blog but maybe I'll try to write more someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good interview, ladies. I enjoyed learning things about Kathy I didn't know. Bossy-introvert? Hmmm. See ya tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun facts. Loved the Swan Cove Murders and can't wait to read more of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a bossy-introvert!

    Fun facts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your comments. I know, I'm a day late, and a dollar short. But I still appreciate it... sure...jump in my bags. Viva la France!!!

    ReplyDelete