Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Next Best Thing Challenge

The Next Best Thing Challenge
My awesome critique Twinkie, Calisa Rhose, sent me this challenge. I was supposed to post this on Friday. Time ran away from me, so here it is:

Here’s how the game works: Answer the 10 NBTC questions below. Spread the fun and tag 5 awesome people to participate! So . . . ready, set, go!

What is the title of your book/WIP? Secrets of Jenkins Bridge

Where did the idea of this book come from? Long ago and far away, lol. I finally got the guts to try my hand at a romance novel. I love the Harlequin Intrigues and wanted badly to submit one.

What genre would your book fall under? Romantic Suspense

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Matt Damon and Sandra Bullock and for their daughter, Aly, I’d have to go for Selena Gomez. J A girl can dream!

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book? An FBI agent discovers more than embezzling and murder when he takes on the kidnapping case of the daughter he never knew he had.

Is your book published or represented? Secrets of Jenkins Bridge is published with Soul Mate Publishing.

How long did it take you to write it? The original took 6 months. Overall after edits it took 3 years.

What other books in your genre would you compare it to? Not sure I would compare it to other books in my genre as each stands on their own.

Which authors inspired you to write this book? At the very beginning, I would have to say it was Harlequin Intrigue authors Rebecca York, Kathleen Long, and Delores Fossen. Once it was written and rejected, I took a long time off from writing. Then I met my Twinkies – Chapter by Chapter: Melinda B. Pierce, Christine Bell aka Chloe Cole, Calisa Rhose, LC Chase and Kristina Knight. They inspired me to actually show it off again. With their boundless help, Secrets of Jenkins Bridge was completed.

Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book. I have a couple of unique twists in here. This isn’t your ordinary kidnapping and lost love suspense.

This was great to do. Thanks for tagging me, Calisa! And now, the five gifted authors I’d like to tag for the next round: Janna Shay, Mandi Casey, Rose Vanden Eyden, Shelly Bell and Ann Montclair – a few of my Soul Mate Publishing sisters.

3 comments:

  1. This was great to read. I'm glad your book was finally published. D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Secrets of Jenkins Bridge sounds really good. I'm really intrigued to see what happens in the story now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping in Denise and Misha.

    ReplyDelete