Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wicked Heat and Wednesday News - Happy Hump Day

Last week here in the south, we hit 105 degrees. It was so hot, my pool felt like a hot tub. A little refreshing, but not all that wonderful. The AC was a blessing.


Now this week, it’s great to be back in the 80s. However the humidity level makes it feel like it’s 100 again. No winning this summer. But, the pool will be cooler and much more refreshing. Especially in the evenings :)


I finished my first rough draft of Boneknapper. Yay me!! And yay to all that lifted and encouraged me last week during Insecure Writers’ Support Group. That’s exactly what I needed to push me to finish that last chapter. Thank you.


What’s next? I’m going to let Boneknapper ‘rest’ a couple of days. Maybe I’ll do a little research for a couple of ideas I have. But, I definitely need to work on my author website (WordPress UGH). I think once I get the swing of it, it’ll be easier to use. Right now it’s kind of dreary. So I need to find a different template – one with a splash of color!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the first draft. Yeah, we're cooler, but the humidity is through the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, how exciting to have finished the first draft. Doesn't it feel grand to have typed THE END, mentally or literally?

    Oh, the heat. ugh. This week is definitely better the the preceding few weeks of triple digits. Even with the humidity I'll take 90 over triple digits any day. I was so happy we got rain this past weekend. More please.

    Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sia,

    I think it's both mentally and literally. :) We've been getting rain the last couple of days and today was the first where it wasn't muggy or hot. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!

    We've been in the 100's and even when the rain drops the temperature, it feels hot due to the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we need to trade weather. It's cold and wet here, the cullens would love it!
    Good luck with Boneknapper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing your draft! :)

    The humidity has been awful this year. I'm staying in the house. ;)

    ReplyDelete