L fell on the perfect day - Friday the 13th
Personally, I don't have a huge hang-up on superstitions. Do I go out of my way to walk under a ladder? Ummm....no. And I will take notice of a black cat crossing my path.
So I did a little research to find what superstitions are out there. Here are just a few:
1) If 13 people sit and dine together, one of them will die.
2) Never open an umbrella indoors as it will bring you bad luck.
3) If you break a mirror, you'll have bad luck for seven years
4) Make a wish on that turkey's wishbone. Supposedly it will come true.
5) 'Step on a crack, break your mother's back'
6) Bad things happen in threes.
7) The famous rabbit's foot
8) If you change your bed on a Friday, you will have bad dreams.
Feel free to add any superstitions below in the comments area. Happy Friday the 13th!
AVAILABLE NOW @ Soul Mate Publishing: The Swan Cove Murders Release Date January 25th: Secrets of Jenkins Bridge
I'll make sure we don't wash the sheets today then.ReplyDelete
Man oh man! Now I know what my problem is...I changed the sheets this morning! :)ReplyDelete
I have broken 2 hand mirrors this year so far and I was worried at first but if I expect bad to happen, it will so I choose to forget the mirrors. I change the sheets on Saturdays. I do like to wish on a heads up penny and throw it over my shoulder though.ReplyDelete
I'd never heard of numbers 1 and 8. Guess I won't be eating with 12 other people today--and I definitely won't be changing the sheets! ;)ReplyDelete
I never heard of #8- I don't pay any attention to any of them. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month from myqualityday.blogspot.comReplyDelete
If I'm still here I can assure you it is because I've had good luck.ReplyDelete
Wait. I thought good things happened in threes? Oh, that sucks!ReplyDelete