Tuesday, April 26, 2011

V=Veterans


I think our Veterans need to be thanked and blessed every single day, not just on Memorial Day or Veterans Day. They put their lives on the line for our freedom every moment of every single day all over the world. I think we take way too much for granted in this country. Go and research other countries where you may think it's better than here. It's not. If not telling you where you can go or how you can dress, it's lower wages than the minimum wage here (and not all things are cheaper either).

Back to my favorite heroes/heroines, our men and women, fighting for our country-for us-for our children-and their children-and their children and so forth.

Toby Keith's song 'American Soldier' describes it all best. Here are the lyrics:

I’m just tryin’ to be a father, raise a daughter and a son
Be a lover to their mother, everythin’ to everyone
Up and at ‘em bright and early, I’m all business in my suit
Yeah I’m dressed up for success, from my head down to my boots
I don’t do it for money, there’s bills that I can’t pay
I don’t do it for the glory, I just do it anyway
Providing for our future’s, my responsibility
Yeah I’m real good under pressure, being all that I can be
And I can’t call in sick on Mondays when the weekend’s been too strong
I just work straight through the holidays, and sometimes all night long
You can bet that I stand ready, when the wolf growls at the door
Hey I’m solid, hey I’m steady, hey I’m true down to the core.

And I will always do my duty no matter what the price
I’ve counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice
Oh and I don’t want to die for you, but if dyin’s asked of me
I’ll bear that cross with honor, cause freedom don’t come free.

I’m an American Soldier an American
Beside my brothers and my sisters, I will proudly take a stand
When liberty’s in jeopardy, I will always do what’s right

I’m out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight
American Soldier, I’m and American, Soldier.

An American Soldier an American
Beside my brothers and my sisters, I will proudly take a stand
When liberty’s in jeopardy, I will always do what’s right
I’m out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight
American Soldier, I’m an American, an American, an American, Soldier.


For those of you who've never heard the song, look it up on Youtube. It's indeed the best song!

For all of our soldiers near and far, I sincerely thank you for protecting us against all harm. I know what you have to sacrifice to do your job. Hugs and Kisses always :)

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful lyrics and a great reminder to be thankful for those who've fought to give us what we have now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear, hear! As the wife and sister of Vietnam veterans, and the mother of a former special forces soldier, I thank you for this post. Too many people forget to remember ... Freedom isn't Free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome Susan :) I have two nephews in the Air Force and my brother was in the Air Force, having retired after 20 years of service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Absolutely wonderful post. Thank you!
    I live with a veteran and we make sure to thank him all the time.
    My new favorite campaign: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/bootcampaign

    I wish I could afford them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather-thanks for the link. Didn't know about this one. I wish I could afford it too. That would be cool. I would proudly display those boots on my feet!

    ReplyDelete