Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving to all! I feel the need to write about everything I am thankful for this year and since it's Thanksgiving, now is the perfect time.

First and foremost, I am thankful for my husband and my kids who put up with my insane obsession at times concerning my writing. Especially at times when I'm suppose to be paying attention to whatever cartoon or show they are watching and I have my laptop with me :) Or while cooking supper. Not to mention my papers lying all over the house. And, at times, all over my desk at the motorcycle shop. Without their support and complete understanding, I wouldn't be writing right now. For example, I asked my daughter to straighten my hair today. While she is doing this not-so-easy chore (I have thick hair), I am sitting here blogging this. I'm sure she's enjoying yanking my head all over the place. Yup, she has a smile on her face. You don't get too many chances to torture Mom. I'm also thankful to all my extended family and friends who put up with my whining when things become unbearable at times of great upheaval. I'm sorry we don't get to talk as often as we should (without the whining:) of course).

Secondly, I'm incredibly thankful for my critique partners. They have taught me a lot in the short time we've been together. They've helped with my confidence in myself and pushed me to become a better writer. They are very talented writers and I couldn't ask for any better. They are my cheerleaders and my friends. Thanks Twinkies :)

I am thankful to Melinda, in particular, for showing me the way to Savvy Authors. The members there are wonderful and encouraging. The wealth of information here has helped make me a better writer. The workshops are sensational and informative. I've begun modding some of the workshops and am meeting some incredible and talented authors along the way. Thank you Melinda.

I'm thankful to God for all things, even when I don't understand why whether it's good or bad. It's good enough for me to know that everything happens for a reason and it's leading to wherever I'm suppose to be going in this crazy world.

There are plenty more reasons I'm thankful. Just too many to list here.

So, tell me, what are you thankful for?

For free clip art: "Free Gifs & Animations" http://www.fg-a.com

3 comments:

  1. Awww...Donna, this is a very nice post, and thank you for the shout out :-) I'm very thankful for our crit group too - there's a reason we've all come togther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Yes, they are lots of things we have to be thankful for. In fact, too many. Thank you all for being such great friends!

    ReplyDelete